How Dangerous is Driving in Your City?
June 13, 2018
You need to be a safe and defensive driver. That’s true. But sometimes accidents are unavoidable because the other drivers around you are not driving safely and defensively. If that’s the case where you live, then you might be driving in a city that is known for dangerous drivers. That’s why staying up on how to be a better driver is so important. Read to learn about the cities that have the worst driving record and what you can do to avoid accidents with tips from a Dallas chiropractor.
Dangerous Drivers are Here!
The website dangerousroads.org conducted a study to show which cities were the most dangerous for driving. They looked at cities with populations of more than 150,000 people and considered metro areas with the most number of vehicular deaths to determine the rankings.
Unfortunately, cities in the South fared the worst, and one southern state has five of the 15 ranked cities.
Florida has that dubious distinction. There could be several reasons for this including the number of senior citizens driving there, tourists driving in unfamiliar territory and transplants from New York City who have never driven before.
Despite the traffic, Los Angeles did not make the list. However, it did have the most number of fatalities overall with 293. For walkers, Pittsburgh is the most dangerous city.
Here are the 15 cities that have the worst driving records:
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Augusta-Richmond, Co., GA
- Little Rock, AR
- San Bernardino, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Chattanooga, TN
- Jackson, MS
- Memphis, TN
- Jacksonville, FL
- Petersburg, FL
- Tulsa, OK
- Birmingham, AL
- Oklahoma City, OK
How Can You Drive More Safely?
Whether you live in one of these cities or not, safe driving can be a lifesaver—literally. With that in mind, a chiropractor in Dallas offers the following safe driving tip.
- Give driving 100 percent of your attention. Don’t multi-task, which includes making a phone call or using another electronic device while you’re driving.
- Slow down. When you drive too fast, you have less time to react. Moreover, the faster you’re driving, the more serious the accident if you’re in one.
- Expect the unexpected. Think to yourself that every driver around is about to do something crazy and be prepared to avoid it.
- Maintain a safe distance between your car and the one ahead of you on the road.
- Wear your seatbelt and don’t drink and drive.
If you’re in a car accident despite these safe driving practices, then schedule an appointment with the chiropractor in Dallas.
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Zinovy Chukhman is a chiropractor in Dallas who specializes in treating patients who have an injury that is the result of a motor vehicle accident. He offers chiropractic care, rehabilitation, nutritional counseling and pain management.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.